Sunday, July 3, 2011

Should I Still Say Amen?

I am in deed blessed by this poem. Its message says as a Christian and a child of God, whatever the circumstance that we encounter, even if things did not go the way we want it to be, and even if  we fall short of what we want to do, we will still choose to thank God and submit unto His will even if it means denying ourselves and carrying our own cross. Glory to God! This poem was written by Mr. Obed DC. Blessings for everyone! I hope that you'll be blessed through this poem. - Lizette



O summer rain, can you tell me why the sky is gray?
Why would the Northern Wind cause a man like me for this?
I want to understand why some things don't go my way,
For I want to see visions beyond the silver bliss.

Should I really kiss the raindrops that fall on my skin?
Knowing that they represent the tears for every soul.
Or is doing a little selfish pleasure a sin?
Please let me accept by heart that God is in control.

Should I still say amen because there's a better will?
Glory is always acquired through sincere sacrifice.
And if my surrender is the only way uphill,
Then tell me, why should i even bother to think twice? 

They say that this self is the hardest one to conquer
Because it is my own will that needs to be traded.
Now I ask my heart on what honor does it prefer,
Let me convince it to choose the one that is guided.

In my hands I hold everything I consider mine
And now I lay them all again in sure abandon.
So let the search for worldly pleasures start to decline
As my own yearnings on the altar I lay upon.

Because this is history, I’ve been with this before
And I feel it's time to have a new testimony.
This is life, in every step of faith there's something more,
I'll just focus to finish the narrow road's journey.

I know God loves me and some answers just have to wait,
All He wants to see is my faith to move this mountain.
So there's no need to do the pattern of this world's fate
Because I can hear Him... all I could say is amen.

http://www.poemhunter.com/obed-dela-cruz/
http://poetfreak.com/poet/PrinceObedDeLaCruz296
http://obed-dela-cruz.blogspot.com/
http://princeobed.multiply.com/

Copyright © 2011 by Prince Obed de la Cruz

(July 2, 2011; Marikina City)


No comments:

Post a Comment