Sunday, August 21, 2011

Love Written In Red

This is my entry for my college's school paper. I applied as a feature writer.. Whatever the result is, May God's name be glorified.

" The Maker of the stars and the universe would rather die for you than to be apart from you - this is the real definition of Love." 

           I am a Christian, I am not ashamed of that. Since when I was a kid, my mom taught me about the things that Jesus did and how the cross of Calvary save us from our sins. As a child, I treated these things lightly. I did not fully comprehend its real meaning. As I grow up, I began to understand that Christianity is not just about going to church every Sunday, saying your prayers at night, and doing good things to your fellow men. Christianity is all about acknowledging that Jesus is the Christ and He is the Messiah that God has promised. You may say that I am a religious girl nor a fanatic, but I am not. I am just a simple girl who is redeemed by God through the grace of Jesus Christ. God loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son so whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have an everlasting life. Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save the world through Him. He has come not for the righteous ones but for the sinners like me to call them for repentance. He is our only mediator and aside from Him, nobody saves.

         I am not a saint nor a holy person. I believe that nobody is upright and no one can say that he has a clean heart for everybody fall short of God's glory. Because of Adam and Eve's disobedience to God, human kind was cursed and sin corrupted our hearts. Only Jesus Christ can save us from our transgressions. His sacrifice at the cross is the ultimate manifestation of God's love to humanity. His blood that was shed at that cross cleanses our sins every time we put our trust and our faith to Jesus. This is the hope that I always cling to. Surely, I have my own set of regrets and failures. I also have my own set of shallow waters and blemishes. I am as dirty as a filthy rag and as fragile as a porcelain vase. The cross that Jesus Christ has conquered is the only thing that I could brag of. Apart of that, I am just a tiny speck of dust.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

No comments:

Post a Comment