Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunshine at My Soul


                As Christians, life in this world is full of challenges to overcome. Everyday as soon as you open your eyes from the deep slumber, you feel God’s presence through your morning prayers. It was s if God is saying “My dear one, today I have given you another chance to live. I have given you the chance to exercise your salvation and the chance to let your light shine among men that they may see your Father in Heaven. Don’t lose heart my precious, I am with at all times, never will I leave nor never will I forsake you. Be strong and courageous.” Surely, after we pray and as we prepare ourselves to welcome the day, we feel the peace that God has bestowed upon us. Challenge starts as soon as we step outside our house or for the case of the homeschoolers; it starts as soon your parents expect you to take charge of your homes. I am a regular student and as for me, I feel the challenge as soon as I walk outside our gate and wait for a tricycle to ride on. In my mind, I can not help but to think about the things that I am about to face. In my mind, I can imagine the ten subjects that I need to study which is consists of the difficult lessons on Calculus, the oral defense for our research, oral recitations on Physics and other various orals, and exams.  Being a student in a specialized science high school, I can feel the pressure and the tough competition. I am relieved to know that my God is in control in all of these instances.
At school, I have to deal with a lot of things. I have to be attentive to my teachers even though I do not have an enough amount of sleep and my eye lids wish to close for a while. I need to think about the welfare of my classmates and friends. I should set an example to them and take a stand on my beliefs. I need to pray fervently in my mind so that I could not conform to the worldly attitudes of the people around me. I need to be serene and in control whenever a classmate of mine gets into my nerves and really tests my patience. And lastly, I need to endure the tiring activities and mind boggling exams. In all of these circumstances, I always find my comfort every time I remember that Jesus Christ is with me. Of course, I had my own share of mistakes and I have a couple of regrets on some of the decisions that I have made. What soothes my troubled spirit is what the Lord has promised at 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” At the end of the day, I cannot help but to think how faithful and how great our God is. As human beings we are prone to sin and vulnerable at temptations. But remember, we are not just merely human beings; we are Christians, God’s chosen ones. We are God’s sons and daughters. Through Jesus Christ, we are adopted and we are treated as sons and daughters of God just like what Apostle Paul said in Ephesians 1:4-8. Whenever I am reminded of these truths, my heart rejoices for God loves us so much. I know I cannot fathom how deep his love for you and me is. All I know is that God made a way for you and me. He died so we may live and he went to this world so that we do not need to go up just to reach Him. Whenever I thought about these things, my heart wants to burst because of the overwhelming joy that I feel. These truths shine in my soul just like how a sun rises to shine in a dark valley right after the dawn. It lightens up the darkness that surrounds my heart and it let me experience the joy of salvation, Jesus Christ has given in each one of us.
Soli deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment